‘The Moral compass’ book review

Hi everyone 👋,



Today I am reviewing ‘The Moral Compass’, 🧭 by Fictions First Lady Danielle Steel. Category: fiction
Reading level: advanced

Let’s grab our book marks and dive in.



To be honest I am in two minds about this book and I’m partly frustrated. You know when you finish reading something and you’re like “That’s it? That was the end.” It’s kind of how I felt with this book. I felt enlightened because when I picked it up and read the title I was like “cool moral compass about something happening to a boarding school, this will be interesting”. As I kept reading I understood how the moral compass was impacting the kids that went to this school and ultimately, on the choices that they made which consequently impacted their lives. I did enjoy this book but I was so confused that it took away from me being in love with this book.

This book centred around an exclusive male boarding school called St.Ambrose, where only the rich and famous sent their kids to. After some consideration, the board decides to make the school co-Ed. The book starts off welcoming the new students to the school and introduces you to a select few, which as you read on will become the group that this book centres around. A crime is perpetrated and the police investigate who committed it, and shines a light on the decisions people make, which send ricochets across not just the boys lives but that of their parents as well. It also highlights how one decision doesn’t affect the single person but friends and family around.

I felt confused because there was so so many characters in this book it was hard to get attached to one or a few, and characters that were introduced in the middle were given an ending but others who had been with the book for the whole time weren’t. Especially the victim of the crime! This books whole meaning was about the moral compass of making a decision and yet out of the five boys who made the decision to do what they did, we only find out how one of them ended up after the ordeal was over. This left me confused. For me this book centres around the morality of these boys and the crime the committed, so I don’t understand why there is focus on the police officers private life.

I am signing off now, as a very perplexed reader. 🤔


But I still hope you give it a go, maybe your thoughts are different to mine. I would love to hear them.


Enjoy C


Comments

Popular Posts