New release Tuesday (review) ‘Crescent city’

‘Crescent city’, the Latest Sarah J Maas fantasy series.

Category: YA fantasy
Reading level: intermediate

Let’s grab our bookmarks and dive in!



I was crying, absolutely bawling my eyes out not just at the beginning of the book but at the end as well. So you have been pre-warned grab your tissues.

When reading the blurb I was intrigued,  but I did not think the kind of sadness Bryce Quinlan was going to ensure would effect me so much. That is what I call a quality read. As a reader I long for authors to be able to really make me feel what the character is feeling, and this book delivered. The fantasy world that she created was so addictive, I was hooked within the first 5 pages. I love fantasy novels, and I look for worlds where you just want to understand how things work.

Crescent city has a slow burning romance, at times I felt like shaking Bryce and yell “Just Kiss him already”. It was action packed from part one all the way to part four of the book. I am warning you , you will most likely need to put away two days of your life once you pick up the book because it is a cannot- put down-forget- you-need to eat kind of read. I will be patiently waiting (or as patient as my non existent patients is) for the next instalment. The count down has already begun.

Crescent city is about Bryce Quinlan who is a party girl and enjoys pushing her life to the limits, partying way to hard, drugs and alcohol. It was only until tragedy completely tore her world apart did she have to literally pick up every single piece of her life. When people who had been in contact with her suddenly start dying under mysterious circumstances, the governor has no choice but to put two of his warriors on her to truely see if she is as innocent as she claims. What happens next takes us to the true underbelly of crescent city, the new drug synth and how this has anything to do with her beloved Danika. 

If you haven’t read this book yet, and love a YA fantasy novel - grab yourself a copy. This has been my favourite book so far this year, I love the world SJM created, her creativity never ceases to amaze me. 


Comments

Popular Posts