New release Tuesday (review)

‘A Phoenix first must burn’

Hi everyone 👋,

I have a secret to tell you. I came across the most inspiring book I’ve read in a long time.

Today I am reviewing ‘A Phoenix First Must Burn’ by Patrice Caldwell.
Category: YA
Reading level: intermediate



This is not your average ya adventure book. It is comprised of approximately 17 short stories all tales ranging from magic to folk lore. But that is not what makes this book special, this book talks about hardship, resistance, a collection of storytelling at its finest, but the most important theme is hope.
This book has something for everyone, and show you an in depth look into different cultures.

Will you need your tissues? Yes, but that’s what makes this book so great because you can really put yourself into the stories that are being told and become absorbed in the world around you.
This novel contained such powerful aforethought, there were many times I finished a short story and found myself needing to think and fully process what I had read before starting the next one.
This was such an inspiring read, I especially loved being able to experience different cultures through their eyes, as it truely gave me a better understanding.
Enjoy C.

Comments

Popular Posts