A court of wings and ruin

💎Book review 💎

I have been thoroughly enjoying reading the ACOTAR series, and I have finally hit the third book in the series.


Category: YA Fantasy
Reading level: intermediate

Let’s grab our book marks and dive in.


ACOWAR is the third instalment in the New York Times best selling ACOTAR series. This instalment picks up with Feyre back in the spring court under the control of Tamlin. Feyre longs for her love and friends back in the night court, but in order to get back to them she will need to hatch a plan to save her self.

When Hyburns twin niece and nephew arrive at the spring court to check the wall, Feyre realises how little time she has before the impending war arrives. With enemies returning, Feyre plans her escape, what she didn’t plan on was bringing Lucien back with her.

Just as Feyre and Lucien arrive at the night court, Hyburns forces strike the summer court almost decimating them. Without even considering the price on their heads for stepping foot in summer court territory, Feyre, Rhysand and the others winnow to help their fellow high lord.

But that attack was the start of what was to come, and Rhysand and Feyre know they don’t have much time to gather the others high lords to prepare for the war against hyburn.

While Rhysand deals with the other high lords, Feyre discovers that the cauldron not only made her sisters High fae, but gave them special powers and as Nests  took from the cauldron and became death, Elain was made a seer.

War came and hyburn and his forces were defeated, but it’s what is to come that is what is truly scary.


💎

I loved this book. No I loved this series. In fact I feel breathing air is a second when it comes to reading this book. I loved the chemistry between Rhysand and Feyre. I loved the bond between the group Cassian, Azriel, Rhysand, Mor, Amren and Feyre. I loved Nesta’s spite. The character journey. This book had me laughing, and crying and even the story of Nephelle - had such a powerful message behind it that I felt empowered just reading it.

I must admit, I was super concerned when Feyre and Lucien escaped and had to travel through a few courts that the book would be weighed down with pages upon pages of travelling, but SJM managed to make it super quick yet explained enough that it wasn’t glossed over.

I found Tamlin extremely annoying especially at the Hugh lords meeting, but I still sympathise with him as a person who has lost so much and feels the only way to makes themselves feel better is to hurt others. I truely do like Tamlin, how he tried to save the day, but he was blinded by himself to realise how his actions imploded his life.

I honestly cannot wait for the next instalment. The back of the book offered a teaser and I am just counting down the days to read the next one.

I love SJM and the fantasy worlds she creates, they are so intriguing to read and the third instalment was no less a master piece than her others.

A faithful member of the night court

C

Comments

Popular Posts