Serpent and Dove - book review

Lou is in hiding. She is hiding from her coven, the evil witch hunters but most importantly she is hiding from her mother.

Reid is a Chasseu (witch hunter) bound to his vows to rid the world of witches.

When Lou puts Reid in a precarious position the Bishop decided the only way to preserve the good Chasseu name is for Lou to marry Reid and thus a witch hunter is married to a witch. As Lou tries to keep her identity a secret from not only the rest of the witches but also the Chasseu's living with her.

When Lou's secret is revealed and her mother comes to get her, her friends stop at nothing to save her.

***
I loved this book!
I have to admit it took me the first 50 pages to actually work out what was going on but eventually it worked out. I think it stemmed from the blurb not being very descriptive so I didn't really have a good idea of who the characters were.
I loved the chemistry between Reid and Lou, it was so fun and steamy and made for a really great enemies to lovers storyline. This book did end on a slight cliff hanger which was frustrating, but it also ok because the second book blood and honey is coming out soon.
I loved the friendship between Coco and Lou and it really lifted the book that the author found away to incorporate their friendship within the Chasseu tower.

This book was heavily religious based because the witch hunters were all men of god and there was some references to reading scriptures and stuff. I wouldn't say I was a fan or extremely against this, I found it a very different storyline. This was interesting for me.

I think this book is a really fun read that has really steamy moment that I really appreciated.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5
This book is #bookeater approved

Comments

Popular Posts