why i am making changes for 2021

 2020 has been a rollercoaster of a year, and i can honestly say i have hit the third mental wall of the year. To say i am mentally exhausted is an understatement, i have hit a point where i cant cope at all. My brain is mush. A combination of things have been a cumulative cause for this, but in order to help myself mentally i need to make some changes. So i have decided to make some changes in regards to my reviewing footprint.  

Next year, i am not going to be taking on ARC from my dm box. I am completely sorry about this, however, this year i have had authors put time frames, and dates on when i HAVE to read or HAVE TO POST on this certain day. Completely taking the fun out of reading, because it is a chore now. In the past i enjoyed reading on my ipad, but i have found that for me, reading a book seems to be better for my eyes, better to help me sleep at night and easier for me to handle. Reading books within a given time frame adds necessary stress on me, as i try my hardest to read everything as fast as possible but i have a life, and work outside of the bookstagram sphere.  For the last few days i have been less active and its because everything is taking a toll on me mentally - the algorithm doesnt reflect how hard i work, my dog is unwell, and i just also feel disconnected from society all together. 

I am an advocate for self published authors, i really want to help promote and new authors. But i also feel like i am suffocating, i have had moments this year where i have absolutely hated reading, i have had moments where i could read more than 3 books in a month. I have also felt anxiety beyond belief, because i have been too afraid to offend anyone, because i have felt like i am not enough... 

So it is with a heavy heart, that i have decided to not take on ARC's that come from my DMs. I still want to help self published authors, by sharing photos of their book cover, and help spread awareness about their books.

I really hope you all have the best end of the year, and refocus your goals to have an amazing 2021. 

Thank you for respecting me and my need to put my mental health first. 

Comments

Popular Posts