The Healer - book review

 The Healer is the lovely tale of Lynelle Fenwick, daughter of an English lord. When the scots invade and take her younger brother Lynelle offers herself as a trade for her brother. William Kirkparick is in need of a healer, when his younger brother and only living relative has an accident he accepts Lynelle’s proposition and takes her back to his castle.


William is highly suspicious of Lynelle and her abilities, but eventually she does heal his brother. And as the tension brews between Lynelle and William, all the other clans man come rushing to Lynelle for aid.

i really loved this book. It was A sweet Scottish historical romance read. I loved the tension between Lynelle and William. I also really loved that this book was not written in old English that makes it really difficult to read (as I have experience in some other books). I was attracted to this book for its similarities to outlander, and I can honestly say i wasn’t disappointed. There was so much growth experienced by Lynelle - who struggled with feeling inadequacy. And William who experiences mistrusts from losing his family. Both these characters growth was so prevalent in the book and i loved how clear the storyline was.

my only criticism- I wish there was steamier scenes to match their passion. But otherwise I throughly Enjoyed it.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Comments

Popular Posts